The “Masahiko Aoki Award for Economic Paper” is established in honor of Prof. Masahiko Aoki, co-founder of Center for Industrial Development and Environmental Governance (CIDEG), Tsinghua University and former joint chairperson of the Academic Committee, with a view to excavate and encourage Chinese young scholars to conduct academic research concerning public policy and institutional construction, and promote academic research and concrete progress in China’s public governance area. The award is in the name of Prof. Masahiko Aoki to honor his hopes.
The focus is on economics areas concerning China’s reform and development, and excellent research papers making academic contribution to comparative institutional analysis are especially desired.
Young scholars from home and abroad who are under the age of 40(include 40), including research fellow, doctoral candidate, post-doctoral fellows, etc. at universities or research institutes.
REQUIREMENTS OF PAPERS:
1. The focus is on economics areas concerning China’s reform and development, especially the excellent research papers making academic contribution to comparative institutional analysis
2. Doctoral thesis or journal article published in recent two years (From January 1, 2017 to January 1, 2019)
3. Both Chinese and English papers are welcome. The Chinese version shall have a detailed English abstract in it (1000 words, including background, research question, methodology, empirical results and contributions).
1. Submission deadline: contributors shall submit papers in full before September 1, 2019.
2. First review: competition committee will organize experts to conduct a preliminary selection, release the result and grant the award nomination (5papers) before October 10, 2019.
3. Final review: review committee will assess and select the shortlisted papers for 1 or 2 winning papers and release the list before November 20, 2019.
Please submit the application form, abstract and full paper to the official email: firstname.lastname@example.org before September 1, 2019.
* Application without charge
1. The quality of the research, logicality of the paper structure and the coherence of the argument;
2. Application of the International advanced theories and methodologies;
3. The originality or practical significance of the findings;
4. Encouragement of the empirical study on China’s reality.
First author (or corresponding author) of 1-2 best paper selected from the “Award Nomination” paper by review committee will be granted “Masahiko Aoki Award for Economic Paper”. The award winner will:
1. Obtain the invitation to attend the CIDEG joint meeting, present your own paper, get live comments from authoritative experts.
2. Obtain the invitation to attend the CIDEG annual academic meeting, have face-to-face communication with world-leading economists.
3. Obtain the invitation to visit Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan together with the top team of experts and scholars such as CIDEG board directors or academic committee members to learn about cutting-edge innovation and technological change.
4. Obtain a reward of RMB 10,000 and have an opportunity to be invited to visit Japan.
Senior Researcher of Development Research Center of the State Council,
Joint chairperson of CIDEG Academic Committee
in alphabetical order
Dean, School of Business and Economics, Hongkong University; Former Dean, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
Professor, China Europe International Business School
Professor, School of Business, Stanford University; member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Director, Asia Growth Institute; Former Dean, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies; member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Professor, School of Global Policy and Strategy, University of California, San
Diego; member of CIDEG Academic Committee
Professor, Department of Economics, University of Tokyo, Japan
Distinguished Professor of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Tsinghua University; Professor, the Fourth Dean of SEM, Tsinghua University; Member of CIDEG Board of Directors
Distinguished Professor of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Tsinghua University; Professor of SPPM, Tsinghua University; Dean of Schwarzman Scholars; Director of CIDEG
Deputy Dean and Professor of Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
Center for Industrial Development and Environmental Governance (CIDEG), Tsinghua University, and Journal of Comparative Studies
Tel.: +86 10 62772497 62772593
Fax: +86 10 62772497