1. Academic or professional background in the fields of government, NGO, Educational institution, Media, Business etc., and dedicated to work in public sectors.
2. Under the age of 35, and with 3-5 years’ work experience.
3. Bachelor’s degree.
4. Good academic background, strong analytic ability, and high English proficiency (for non-native English speakers: TOEFL 85/IELTS 6.5, or equivalent).
5. Good physical and mental health, providing health certificate or physical examination form issued by local public hospitals to prove that have no diseases that violate Chinese laws and regulations prohibiting the entry and prohibition of long-term residency in China.
6. Students who are studying in China or have been admitted to other Chinese government scholarship programs are not allowed to apply.
*MIDG program is a Chinese government sponsored program. Only applicants from developing countries recommended by the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China will be considered for admission.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) Application
1) Please register and login to Chinese Government Scholarship Online Application website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and fill in the form.
2) Candidate is supposed to choose Category B. The agency number of Tsinghua University is 10003. Discipline is “Management”, and Major is “Public Administration”.
3) Print, sign and attach 2-inch photo on the Application Form produced by the system.
2. Tsinghua University’s Application
Please complete the On-line Application by the Website of Tsinghua University (http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/login). Please upload all the required materials (listed below). When filling the online application, please choose Master of Public Administration in International Development and Governance program in the system, and specify the financial sponsor is Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China. Print, sign and attach 2-inch photo on the Application Form produced by the system.
Required Application Material:
1) A formal degree certificate of the Bachelor’s degree (original notarized photocopy).
2) Academic transcript of the Bachelor’s education (original or notarized photocopy).
3) Resume In English, including personal background, study experience after high school and work experience;
4) Personal statement in English, at least two pages. Please indicate the motivation for applying the MIDG program of Tsinghua University, the advantages and accomplishment after fulfilling the program, the study plan and the career goal.
5) Two Letters of Recommendation, original in English or in Chinese: one letter must come from the professor of the previously enrolled university; the other must come from the current employer or supervisor.
6) One photocopy of the personal and ordinary passport.
7) Photocopies of the English language proficiency test results. For non-native English speakers or applicants whose instruction media of tertiary education is not English, evidence of English proficiency is required. TOEFL 85 or above; IELTS 6.5 or above.
8) Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The examination result must be obtained within month. All applicants shall be in good physical conditions and carry no infectious diseases which may have a serious impact on public health or fall into any of the health situations prohibited by China’s Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations.
9) CSC Application Form.
10) Three recent photos of passport size. One photo should be pasted onto the application form.
3. Recommendation from the Embassy
Only after students have obtained the approval from their government ministries, can they apply for this program. Submit all the application materials listed above in both hard copy and scanned copy to the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office of Chinese Embassy in your country. Hard copy must include both the original copy and the photocopy.
For emails and addresses of the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Offices, please visit http://www.china-aibo.cn.
The ministries should clarify with the Chinese Embassy about whether the applicant is willing to be considered for other universities or other master programs if the MIDG program is already full.
If the ministries of students’ home country permit individual student to submit materials directly to Embassy of the People’s Republic of China, the students should acquire certificates or recommendation from the ministries and submit all the required documents to the Economic and Commercial Counsellor’s Office, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China.
Upon getting the approval by the Economic and Commercial Counselor’s Office, please scan the official recommendation letter from the Embassy, and send it to midg@ tsinghua.edu.cn.
Once the university receives the Embassy’s official recommendation letter, the candidate will get into the academic review round.
June 28, 2019
July 15, 2019
The admitted students will be financially supported by the Chinese Government. The scholarship will cover tuition, accommodation, one-time round trip air tickets and one-time round-trip airfares for home visit during the program（only in summer or winter breaks）, insurance, textbook and material fee, field trip and research fee, graduation thesis supervision fee and etc. Students will only receive monthly stipend for 24 months and one-time relocation. All other expenses will be managed by MOFCOM and the university together. The sponsorship is only for 2 years. If the student cannot complete the study within the required 2 years, the scholarship is not able to be extended.
The scholarship will refer Chinese Government Scholarship standard for international master students and be approved by Chinese Ministry of Commerce.