!-–[if IE]> <![endif]–->
Complete the Online Application on the website of Tsinghua University (http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/login) during the designated application period. Fill in the application form, upload the application materials listed below, and pay the application fee online when your application status has changed to “Verified”.
Required Application Materials:
(1) The information page of your valid non-Chinese personal and ordinary passport. (According to Article 3 of the Nationality Law of the People's Republic of China, any individual who was a Chinese national and then acquired a foreign nationality shall provide a Certificate of Cancellation of Chinese Household registration.)
(2) Bachelor’s Degree certificate (original copy) and authentication report. The degree certificate should be authenticated by the THU designated institutions: Frequently Asked Questions-THU Graduate Admissions for International Students (tsinghua.edu.cn).
(3) Academic transcript of the bachelor's education (original copy).
(4) Personal statement (at least two pages of A4 paper, in English): Please indicate your educational and work background, your motivation for applying for the IMPA-BRI program at Tsinghua University, your relevant strengths and accomplishments, and your study plans and career goals. Please download the template of personal statement via the following link:
(5) Two letters of recommendation (original copy, in English or Chinese): One letter must be from a professor or an associate professor of a higher education institution at which you have studied; the other must be from your current employer. Please follow the instructions on the online system for submission of online recommendation letters or upload the recommendation letters signed by references;
(6) Official results of English language proficiency tests (if available): Applicants whose first language or language of instruction in their tertiary education is not English are recommended to provide evidence of English proficiency. If needed, video interviews will be conducted for prospective candidates to test their language proficiency;
(7) Foreigner Physical Examination Form: The examination result must be obtained within one month, stating that the applicant has no serious infectious diseases or any diseases which could prevent entry into China. The blank form can be downloaded at https://is.tsinghua.edu.cn/waiguorentigejianchabiao.pdf.
Important Notes on Application:
(1) The application fee (800RMB) must be paid at the time the application is submitted. Please apply online and pay the application fee in a safe place. THU is not responsible for any losses caused by your own operation errors or the leakage of your online payment account and password. Please consider carefully before paying the application fee online. If you cannot finish the application due to various reasons, the paid application fee will not be refunded. Regardless of whether the application is successful or not, the application fee is not refundable.
(2) Applicants are required to submit scanned images of all required documents at the time of application. All uploaded documents should be in Chinese or in English; otherwise notarial translations in Chinese or English are required. Once translated, the original documents and certified translations are to be submitted together to the application system.
(3) Please scan the original or notarial application documents in color using a scanner. Documents images captured by mobile phone or camera are not acceptable. Copies are also not acceptable.
(4) Applications with incomplete documents will not be processed.
(5) THU has the right to require applicants to provide original/notarized copies of application materials or certification documents issued by a designated certification body for further inspection.
(6) As some countries' higher education systems are very different from the Chinese system, applicants from different education systems should refer to THU's online application website for reference. Click here: https://yz.tsinghua.edu.cn/en/info/1020/1098.htm
(7) None of the above application documents will be returned.
(8) If the higher-level department issues a new policy, THU will make corresponding adjustments.
(9) Applicants must ensure that the application information and application materials provided are true and accurate. If the admissions unit or certification department verifies that anything in the application is not true, the application, admission or study qualification will be cancelled.
(10) Applicants who are found to be in breach of academic ethics, professional ethics, honesty and trustworthiness, etc., will not be admitted or admission/study qualification will be cancelled after this breach has been verified.
(11) The relevant information, documents and messages that the THU Graduate Admissions Office and relevant departments / schools publish or send to applicants through websites, phone calls, emails, text messages, etc. are deemed to have been delivered. All consequences caused by the applicant's personal negligence and other reasons shall be borne by the applicant himself/herself.
(12) THU admits students based on evaluation of their application documents together with a comprehensive assessment. The application materials are reviewed by an expert group, and the candidates for the comprehensive assessment will be selected based on the review results. The comprehensive assessment is generally based on interviews. The specific content, format, requirements and time arrangements are determined by Tsinghua SPPM and will be notified to applicants who enter the comprehensive assessment.
Other unfinished matters in this guide are implemented in accordance with ‘Admission to Graduate Programs of Tsinghua University 2022(For International Students)’ . For more details, please refer to the following website: https://yz.tsinghua.edu.cn/en/info/1035/1058.htm
Copyright 2011-2023 School of Public Policy and Management of Tsinghua University All Rights Reserved
Tel: (86)10-62773832 Fax: (86)10-62782853